This interactive workshop utilizes engaging activities to present truthful information about the LGBT communities, offer a reality check on the daily impact of heterosexism, homophobia and transphobia, and prepare allies to confront the homophobic misinformation and stereotypes that bombard our society.
- To clarify language related to sex, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation
- To expose the daily impact of heterosexism, homophobia and transphobia on individuals, organizations and society
- To counter common stereotypes and myths about lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender / transsexual people
- To explore effective ally behaviors
- To have some fun with a serious topic
Any workshop or keynote can be designed for a particular target audience (teachers, social workers, emergency responders, etc.) The program can be specifically focused to meet your organization’s needs, such as gay bullying and teen suicide, workplace or customer service issues.
Our homophobia / transphobia workshops are generally led by a training team – one LGBT trainer and one heterosexual ally.